- Java APIs:
- Java 1.3 - Giffle:Java+Sun+API+1.3
- Java 1.4 - Giffle:Java+Sun+API+1.4
- Java Servlets - Giffle:Java+Servlet+API
“I think there are key features that powerful text editors share and a few that should be but are not as common.
- Macro languages in which to program extensions
- Command lines in which to type commands too complex for keystrokes
- Ability to bind commands to keys and key sequences/chords
- Ability to “fold” documents (i.e. hide uninteresting parts)
- Syntax color highlighting (big help for debugging)
- Syntax sensitivity (to be able to suggest proper statement completion)
- Compile buffer, so I can compile and fix bugs as they appear.
- Directory listing and file management
- FTP/SSH/”Virtual File Systems”, allowing access to remote systems. “
How To Write One
TextLayout and use?