Great quotes during this trip…
- “I’m hungry like the wolf.”
- “It was like buying pies with rainman.”
- “But I’ve never even owned a flute.”
- “Pony Poo - $1 a bag”
- “Yes, I am here with the intention of dining.”
- “Pull out your prawns and smile.”
- “It’s where I discovered that adrenaline is brown.” Well, trust me, they were funny at the time. Anyways, we went to Taupo, Rotorua and around. Stewart did his bungy and loved it, and we met up with some mates of his up there and had a great evening. Before it was over, Stewart had been leaping into topiary, and Kim & I had been given a rare opportunity to hear the nocturnal call of the Liverpudlian Wolf.
We’ve seen the world’s smallest pony, been to the rather fine thermal areas of Orakei Korako and Craters Of The Moon, bathed in piping hot springs, seen the daily gush at the Aratiatia Dam and the rapids that it creates on the Waikato River, visited the Huka Falls, watched Kim & Stewart Zorb, eaten geothermal prawns, been to Trout Central, visited an elevator from The Shining via a tunnel from a hippy spy movie, got stranded with a flat tyre after stopping to see a large wooden bull and most of all partied like rock stars (but of course!).
Photos will follow as soon as.